Thursday, March 29, 2012

Be Open to the Bizarre

I find that strange things happen to me.  With some regularity.  And its not because of anything special about me, or that I am particularly strange (psshhhhtt).  It is because I am and have always been open to the bizarre.  I smell its possibility, I envision the hilarious versions of reality that are just a moment away, I anticipate that even the most normal interaction with another human being carries the potential for absolute weirdness - given the right combination of time, place and people.

I have so many beautiful stories of total madness, surreal experiences and "did that really happen??" reflections.  And it may be that I am responsible for helping usher them into existence - through my mere openness to them.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  The kinds of fiction-worthy things that are happening every day to people are so strange and funny and amazing - it is incredible what can happen to you, around you, with you if you somehow manage to send out the right unspoken signals, pheromones, body language, eye contact, and empathic openness in your communication.  Something lets people know they can be their freaky selves - and then the awesome madness ensues.

So, the life lesson for my dear Luka, is be open to the bizarre.  It will make you laugh and happy you have accumulated the stories - and someday you will call upon those memories to make you smile at how gloriously bizarre real life can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment